Root Canals in Westerville, OH Keep You From Losing Infected Teeth
While root canals are one of the most feared restorative dentistry procedures we perform in our Westerville, OH dentist office, they really aren’t scary at all. They get you out of pain, not cause it. Our team has lots of experience performing root canal therapy, so we’ll make sure your procedure goes smoothly.
Your root canal procedure will involve:
- Dentists who have completed advanced training in endodontics
- Safe dental sedation to soothe your nerves
- Advanced technology like 3D imaging so your care is as quick and comfortable as possible
- Same-day care, in many cases, so you’ll get fast relief
- Comforts like pillows and blankets to keep you relaxed
A toothache may be a sign you need a root canal. If you have one, call us ASAP at 614-215-9087.
Saving Your Tooth Reduces Hassle & Expense
When the soft pulp inside your tooth gets infected, your two treatment options are tooth removal or a root canal. If possible, we advise keeping your tooth. If not replaced, a missing tooth causes bone loss and other problems such as misaligned teeth. You can get teeth replacements with dental implants and/or other restorations, but it will involve more time, hassle, and cost than root canal therapy.
A Root Canal Procedure Brings Back Your Smile
A root canal restores your tooth’s functionality and brings back your smile. You will receive effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth. You can also get dental sedation if you’d like. One of our dentists will create a small opening in your tooth to remove the infected tissue, then thoroughly clean your tooth’s interior and fill the “canals” with a material called gutta-percha. Our final step is usually placing a dental crown to protect your tooth from further damage.
The root canal procedure:
- Stops infection before it leads to bone and tooth loss
- Keeps infection from spreading
- Allows you to chew and eat in comfort again
- Eliminates the need for a tooth replacement like an implant
Root canals are no big deal at Just Smiles, thanks to our experienced dentists and state-of-the-art technology. Call 614-215-9087 if you think you may need one. If you’re worried about the expense of the procedure, consider using our Just Smiles Dental Plan, which offers a discount of at least 20 percent on our services.