What We’re Doing To Keep You Safe & Healthy
A Personal Letter From Our Doctors:
The past 18 months have been challenging to say the least. Covid-19 definitely changed the way we practice but we have learned to live with the new reality and we are doing so exceptionally well.
We never completely closed during the pandemic – our patients still had needs, and we kept working remotely and physically to keep taking care of you. During the stay at home order:
- Our staff answered over 250 phone calls from concerned patients
- Our doctors completed 100 teledentistry consults
- Our office accepted true emergencies for urgent treatment
Now that we have returned to full capacity, there are a few changes that will remain permanent.
The reopening of our offices was centered around keeping our staff and our patients safe. You’ll notice during your visit that we are using upgraded personal protection for patients and staff, and have put in motion advanced sterilization and disinfection protocols. We have always exceeded recommendations for safety in the dental industry, and now we’re taking steps to ensure we keep exceeding the latest CDC, OSHA, American Dental Association and Ohio Dental Board mandates and recommendations. This is what we are doing to keep everyone safe:
- We’ve implemented longer open times between appointment to allow a more in depth cleaning of the rooms
- You’ll be supplied with a digital pre-screening questionnaire to fill out prior to your visit
- All patients are required to arrive with a mask or a mouth cover (as per the CDC requirements)
- Hand sanitizing gel and gloves will be supplied for patients to use while in our office
- HEPA 13 medical grade filtered air purifiers have been installed for air quality control
- Every patient will receive a pre-procedural mouth rinse
- We’re increasing the use of rubber dams and High Volume Evacuation suction
- Our staff will all be using upgraded PPE as they see fit, including, but not exclusively, N95 masks, Grade III surgical masks, face shields, gowns, surgical caps and more.
Please be patient with our team members that are working harder than ever as they continue to ensure that the new protocols are respected.
Thank you for the trust you have placed in us as your dental care home. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Phil Chahine
Dr. Shelley Thompson
Dr. Kareem Hatahet
Dr. Ebisinde Akah
Dr. Karishma Patel
and the team at Just Smiles Dentistry