Conceal Smile Imperfections With Dental Veneers in Westerville, OH
Smile imperfections are a reality of life. Your teeth are susceptible to damage and breakage, just like any other part of your body. For that reason, it’s vitally important to keep them healthy and strong with regular brushing, flossing, and dental check ups. But what do you do when you’ve done your best and they still experience breaks, chips, or cracks?
The first and most important thing you can do is to notify your dentist. Breaks, chips, or cracks in teeth leave them susceptible to bacteria. If that bacteria is allowed to grow and spread, it could lead to disease within your teeth. Once that kind of disease takes hold, it’s difficult to stop the spread without removing the infected tooth or teeth completely.
Luckily, there is a method of treatment available to you through our team at Just Smiles in Westerville, OH. It’s both a restorative and cosmetic dental treatment, and it’s called dental veneers. Through the placement of our amazing tooth veneers, your smile can be strengthened, protected, and enhanced.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin. These shells are designed to fit over the front of any affected teeth, where they can cover stains or repair chips and cracks. They can be shaped to fit a wide range of teeth or to address any number of dental problems.
Dental veneers permanently bond to the natural teeth under them, which means you won’t have to worry about any additional dental care. Just keep brushing, flossing, and visiting your dentist regularly!
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Veneers are highly beneficial to your teeth and your smile for many different reasons. In fact, they’re one of the most useful cosmetic dental procedures you can consider for your teeth. The following are some of the benefits associated with dental veneers:
- Easy on your teeth. Depending on which type of veneer you choose, our dentists will remove only a small amount of enamel to prepare your teeth for the treatment. You may be a candidate for prepless veneers, which require no enamel to be removed at all.
- Easy to wear. Once your veneers are bonded to your teeth’s front surfaces, you won’t be able to feel them or even notice that they are there—unless you’re admiring your improved smile in the mirror!
- Aesthetically Enhancing. Because they are made of stain-resistant materials designed to mimic natural tooth enamel, veneers blend in easily with your smile. They will make your teeth whiter, brighter, and more uniform in appearance.
- Versatile. Veneers can conceal just about any smile flaw, from a chipped tooth to a misshapen one. They not only fill in those gaps and cracks, they can also transform your teeth and make them the right shape and size to create the perfect smile.
- Durable. With proper care, these restorations will last at least a decade, and often much longer. All it takes to maintain your veneers is what you’ve been doing already—practicing good dental habits and making regular visits to your dentist.
- Convenient. Two to three appointments is all it usually takes to improve your smile with veneers. You can receive treatment that will improve your health and the appearance of your smile in very little time at all.
Dental veneers are a great cosmetic option to consider. To see if you’re a candidate for veneers, call 614-392-7109. There’s no charge for cosmetic dentistry consultations!
Tooth Veneers Procedure
Getting your veneers placed will typically require three trips to see your dentist. The first is for a consultation, the second is to make the veneers, and the third will be to apply them.
When you come to see us with questions about veneers or to learn more about veneer placement, we’ll discuss your options and figure out if tooth veneers or prepless veneers are right for you. Once you’ve determined that dental veneers are the right cosmetic treatment for your smile, we’ll prepare a placement plan.
Tooth veneers are a great choice for the majority of adults with minor dental flaws. If your dentist recommends a different treatment, we’ll be able to explain exactly why and help you make your decision.
Preparing and Reshaping
Preparing a tooth for a veneer involves reshaping it. Your dentist at Just Smiles will take extra care to do this precisely and perfectly. Some numbing in the area might be required.
Following the reshaping process, your dentist will make a model or impression of your tooth. That model will be sent to a dental laboratory where the veneer will be created. It usually takes a couple weeks for the official veneer to be ready, so temporary ones will be placed in the meantime.
Once your veneers are in-office, they’ll be placed. They will be permanently cemented to your teeth, after your dentist has made sure they’re the right size, shape, and color. The veneer will be positioned properly on your tooth, then a special dental light will be used to activate the chemicals in the bonding agent and seal the veneer to your tooth.
After placement, your dentist will carefully examine the area and make sure everything is as it should be. You might need to have a follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks to check and make sure everything is going well.
Choose From Several Types of Dental Veneers
Every smile is different. At our office, you can choose from several types of veneers to get the perfect fit for your smile in particular, including prepless veneers. Your options are:
- Porcelain veneers. These veneers are versatile enough to conceal practically any cosmetic issue, including chips, stains, gaps, and worn-down teeth.
- Lumineers veneers. Lumineers are thinner than porcelain veneers, so our dentists will need to remove little enamel—if any—from your teeth.
- Prepless veneers. Lumineers veneers fall under this category, although we offer other brands of prepless veneers too.
Our Skilled Dentists Are Ready to Help You With Your Smile
Learn More About Dental Veneers Today
You won’t have to worry about the quality of our porcelain tooth veneers, because we offer a limited warranty for them. Call 614-392-7109 today to make an appointment for your free consultation for dental veneers. Our Westerville dentist office is located near Hoff Woods Park and Giant Eagle Supermarket.