The time has come for us to open our dentist office in Westerville! We’re so excited to see you and your smile once again.
We have missed your smile, but we are excited to announce that our office has begun to reopen!
Actually, we never completely closed – our patients still had needs, and we kept working remotely to
keep taking care of you. During the stay at home order:
- Our staff answered over 250 phone calls from concerned patients
- Our doctors completed 100 teledentistry consults
- Our office accepted true emergencies for urgent treatment
Now, our focus is on preparing for a slow but steady return to full capacity. We will soon begin to
contact patients for appointment rescheduling according to level of urgency. We promise that we won’t
forget to contact you, and we will complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you!
Our reopening is centered around your safety
The reopening of our offices is happening in phases to keep our staff and our patients safe. Dr. Phil has
been hard at work for the past 6 weeks to source all the appropriate gear necessary for Just Smiles to be
ready for this day! You’ll notice during your next visit that we are using upgraded personal protection for
patients and staff, and have put in motion advanced sterilization and disinfection protocols.
Things you’ll notice at your next visit
We have always exceeded recommendations for safety in the dental industry, and now we’re taking
steps to ensure we keep exceeding the latest CDC, OSHA, American Dental Association and Ohio Dental
Board mandates and recommendations. This is what we are doing to keep everyone safe:
- We’ve implemented staggered appointment times to reduce patient to patient contact
- We’re managing workflows to minimize the number patients in the office at any one time (50%
- Patients are now being taken directly to treatment rooms instead of waiting in reception
- You’ll be supplied with a digital pre-screening questionnaire to fill out prior to your visit
- All patients are required to arrive with a mouth cover (as per the CDC requirements)
- We’ll be conducting temperature recording for patients and staff
- Hand sanitizing gel and gloves will be supplied for patients to use while in our office
In-office safety measures
- HEPA 13 medical grade filtered air purifiers have been installed for air quality control
- Every patient will receive a pre-procedural mouth rinse
- We’re increasing the use of rubber dams and High Volume Evacuation suction
- Our staff will all be using upgraded PPE, including N95 masks covered by surgical masks, face shields, gowns, surgical caps and more.
Please be patient with us as we implement these new protocols and work on rescheduling patients who
missed an appointment in order of urgency. As mentioned, we are trying to see patients in pain first,
then patients with urgent care needs. We will work our way through our list as swiftly as possible, so
please be patient and wait for us to call you!
Thank you for the trust you have placed in us as your dental care home. We look forward to seeing you soon now that our dentist office is back open!
Dr. Phil Chahine
Dr. Shelley Thompson
Dr. Breanne Bleakmore
Dr. Kareem Hatahet
Dr. Warren Gall
and the team at Just Smiles Dentistry