One common reason given by people who don’t floss their teeth is that the practice is difficult to fit into their daily schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, Just Smiles General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry in Hilliard has some suggestions for fitting this vital dental health habit into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can lead to plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. You might get some curious looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it!
- Keep some floss in your gym bag, so you can floss after you exercise.
- Floss while you’re watching the nightly news or Netflix.
We hope this gives you some ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Flossing is important for anyone who wants to have a healthy smile.
At Just Smiles General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry in Hilliard, the dental health of our patients is always our number one priority. People from Columbus, Galloway, and Galena come to us for general and restorative dentistry. Contact us today!